Skip to main content

24 Hour Emergency Services

(603) 641-6555

Fires due to Appliance and Electrical Malfunction Fires due to Appliance and Electrical Malfunction

Fire Due to Malfunction

There when you need us

Fires due to Appliance and Electrical Malfunction

Fires are a devastating disaster that can strike a home or business at any time. Cleaning up and recovering after a fire leaves property owners feeling lost in a state of uncertainty. The team at Soil-Away knows that fires are a traumatic event. Our caring fire damage restoration professionals will work tirelessly and efficiently to ensure a less-stressful cleanup process. Whether your home or business has fire damage resulting from a dryer vent, microwave or outdated wiring, Soil-Away professionals have been trusted with fire damage cleanup from appliance and electrical malfunction for over 25 years. We are here for residents throughout New Hampshire (NH)!

What type of appliance and electrical malfunction can Soil-Away help with?

Dryer vent fire

– Dryers are one of those appliances in your home where you “set it and forget it.” You throw your freshly washed clothes into the dryer from the washing machine, set the timer and then forget about it until the timer goes off 50 or 60 minutes later. However, did you know that by “setting and forgetting” about the clothes in your dryer, you could be putting your home at risk for a fire? According to the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA), there are over 16,000 reported home fires each year resulting from a clothes dryer, with dust, lint or fiber igniting first in just under 30% dryer fires. If you haven’t cleaned your dryer in a while, performed routine maintenance or notice a crushed or broken exhaust vent, a dryer fire could be lurking in the shadows. Soil-Away Cleaning and Restoration professionals have over 25 years of fire cleanup experience, and can assist you in the event of a needed cleanup due to a dryer fire.

Oven fire

– The kitchen is the focal point in many homes throughout NH. Family meals are prepared, holiday gatherings take place and family conversations that turn into memories are made in this one important room. While the kitchen is an essential location in everyone’s home, what happens when a fire erupts? Aside from stove and dishwasher fires, ovens can also burst into flames, and often happens as a result of an overflow of dessert batter, leaving the oven unattended for an extended period of time, splattering fat or grease or food scraps burning on the bottom of the oven. To assist in the prevention of an oven fire, always monitor the cooking food, use tin foil or a pan cover to conceal items that may splatter or boil over and routinely clean the oven and coils to prevent burning.

Microwave fire and smoke damage

– Similar to other appliances in your kitchen, microwaves can also start a fire when food items overheat, inappropriate items are placed in the microwave for heating, faulty wiring or when cleaning and routine maintenance has not been performed. Since microwaves use radiation to heat the placed items, it essential to follow the manufacturer’s directions when using the appliance and never attempting to heat an item that is not microwave-safe, such as metal objects, tin foil, or recycled paper. Routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure the appliance is running correctly and efficiently will also assist in the prevention of an unexpected microwave fire. Soil-Away is a family-owned and operated business that is IICRC master-certified and the only Esporta Certified Operator in the state, and can assist in the cleanup process.

Fire damage from overloaded electrical circuit

– The gray electrical box in your home’s basement or garage is the power source to your home and feeds electricity throughout various locations. With the electrical circuit receiving and sending electricity to various power sources consistently, what happens when too many items are receiving electricity? The power in your home will automatically turn off and an electrical fuse may burn out, depending on the age and wiring of the electrical circuit. Usually, when too many power sources are receiving electricity from the electrical circuit, the power will shut off until the issue is fixed, but in some cases, a fire can erupt. An overloaded electrical circuit can potentially cause costly repairs, and if a fire breaks out, fire damage to nearby structures and items. To avoid an electrical circuit becoming overloaded, property owners should know how many volts of electricity can be ran into their home and never have too many power sources running at the same time. Soil-Away experts know fire damage, and can promptly and professionally assist in the fire damage cleanup process.

Electrical fire from old wiring

– Electrical fires can happen at any time and are often the result of faulty outlets, outdated wiring or too many items plugged into an electrical strip. So, what can NH home and business owners do to reduce the risk of experiencing an electrical fire? To reduce the risk of falling victim to an electrical fire, ensure all wiring, electrical outlets and cords throughout your home are up-to-date, not broken or damaged or running underneath a rug or appliance that can cause the wires to overheat. Always ensure space heaters, extension cords and light fixtures are working properly, do not have any frayed or exposed wiring and are not located in an area that poses a safety risk. If your home or business has outdated wiring, the wires may need to be replaced with new wiring to ensure the home can handle the electrical capacity of modern appliances and technology.

If you are experiencing fire or smoke damage resulting from an appliance or electrical malfunction, contact the fire damage restoration experts today at 603-641-6555!


For more information or an estimate: