Fire accidents are a devastating disaster that can strike a home or business at any time. It leaves owners feeling overwhelmed, panicked and in a state of uncertainty. Soil-Away Cleaning and Restoration Services knows that fire accidents are a distressing disaster. Our damage restoration experts will work closely with you and your insurance company throughout the claim process to ensure a smooth disaster recovery. Whether it is fire damage resulting from a candle or a chemical fire, Soil-Away is there for you to clean up the mess and get your property back to pre-loss condition!
What type of fire damage accidents can Soil-Away help with?
Fire damage from candles
– According to the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA), roughly 3% of all reported home fires are from candles, resulting in an estimated $14 billion dollars in property damage each year. With candles illuminating many New Hampshire (NH) homes and businesses daily, it is essential to learn what safety precautions to take when using candles, such as keeping candles 12 inches away from anything that can burn and using candle holders that are durable and will not get knocked over. Placing a candle near flammable items or taking a quick nap can result in much more than an ambient glow. If property damage strikes following a mishap from a candle, Soil-Away is here to assist in the fire damage cleanup process.
Fire damage from cigarette smoking
– Did you know that there are over 950 deaths per year and over 2500 injuries in the United States due to fires from cigarettes? The NFPA estimates that over 15% of all reported fires come from cigarettes, which means NH homes and businesses can fall victim to fire damage resulting from a cigarette. To assist in the prevention of a fire, individuals who smoke should do so outside and away from the structure, as well as use a wide ashtray that is stable and out of reach from pets and children. Additionally, always ensure the cigarette is out by throwing sand or water on it before leaving the area. Leaving a cigarette unattended that is not out can often result in a fire accident. Soil-Away experts have over 25 years of fire damage cleanup, and can assist in the restoration process.
Children playing with fire
– Matches, lighters and other items that can be used to start a fire often catches the attention of children. A child’s curiosity around fire can start at a young age and continue to grow. Taking the time to teach them the importance of fire safety and the risks associated with matches, lighters and other items is vital to assisting in the prevention of a fire accident. If an accident does occur that results in fire or smoke damage, contact the Soil-Away fire remediation experts, who can assess the situation and work closely with your insurance during the claim process.
Christmas tree fires
– If you are one of those millions of people who feel the holiday season just isn’t complete without a real Christmas tree and the memories that go along with it, then it is important to know the safety measures to avoid your Christmas tree causing a fire. Over 35% of Christmas tree fires start in either the living room or family room, and are the cause in over 200 fires per year. Learn the proper safety precautions and measures to avoid setting your holidays up in flames because, like many people, burning the holiday ham is more than enough! If you have experienced fire damage resulting from a Christmas tree, contact Soil-Away’s property damage restoration experts today!
Cooking fires in the kitchen
– The kitchen is a significant area in any home that houses more than just appliances and cookware. This multi-functional room brings together holiday gatherings, family dinners and important discussions that can turn this room into the center of attention. However, aside from the aroma of family meals emitting from the oven, they can also create a major unwanted event—a fire. Cooking fires resulting from stoves, ovens, grills and even dishwashers strike NH businesses and homes every year. The result is costly repairs from the smoke and fire damage. Soil-Away is a family-owned and operated business that is IICRC master-certified and the only Esporta Certified Operator in the state. We are here to help following damaging cooking fires in the kitchen. Our experts will work closely with you and your insurance company during the fire mitigation process to ensure an efficient recovery.
– Chemical fires are extremely dangerous and can result in severe or fatal burns that are attributed to the toxic mixture of chemicals that fueled the start of a fire. Like any fire, a chemical fire also needs oxygen and heat to thrive, however, chemical fires also need a combustible item to fuel the fire, such as gas or a flammable cleaner. Chemical fires can quickly spiral out of control, resulting in costly repairs, injuries and extreme fire damage. To assist in the prevention of a chemical fire, always follow the directions on flammable items carefully, and never mix toxic chemicals together. If you do experience a chemical fire that results in fire damage, Soil-Away experts are professional, prompt and trustworthy and can assist in the cleanup process.
If you are experiencing fire or smoke damage resulting from an accident, contact the fire damage restoration experts today at 603-641-6555!