Holiday Tip: Extinguishing a Grease Fire
Can you believe the holidays are here? Tables loaded with food are just around the corner. With that comes a lot of cooking. Home cooked meals bring a lot of joy to a home, but they also can pose serious danger. Every year thousands of damaging fires are started as a result of cooking. One of the most common threats is a grease fire. So how do you deal with a grease fire if it should happen to you?
– Never use water on a grease fire
– Never carry a flaming pot or pan outside. This will likely cause additional property damage from spills and possible personal burns.
– Heavy amounts of baking soda can help suppress the fire
– If possible, cut off the oxygen supply to the fire by covering with a metal lid.
– Class B or Class K (commercial grade) fire extinguishers are best suited. Their chemicals will ruin food.
– Do not forget to call 911 if needed
Please note that Soil-Away can help in the event of fire/smoke damage to your property. Soil-Away is an approved vendor for numerous national and local insurance carriers and will manage the entire claim process for you. We ask you to consider connecting with Soil-Away today regarding an emergency property damage mitigation plan. You do not want to be caught off guard in the event of water, fire, or mold damage situation.
Contact Us Now