Can you believe the holidays are here? Tables loaded with food are just around the corner. With that comes a lot of cooking. Home cooked meals bring a lot of joy to a home, but they also can pose serious danger. Every year thousands of damaging fires are started as a result of cooking. One of the most common threats is a grease fire. So how do you deal with a grease fire if it should happen to you?
– Never use water on a grease fire
– Never carry a flaming pot or pan outside. This will likely cause additional property damage from spills and possible personal burns.
– Heavy amounts of baking soda can help suppress the fire
– If possible, cut off the oxygen supply to the fire by covering with a metal lid.
– Class B or Class K (commercial grade) fire extinguishers are best suited. Their chemicals will ruin food.
– Do not forget to call 911 if needed
Please note that Soil-Away can help in the event of fire/smoke damage to your property. Soil-Away is an approved vendor for numerous national and local insurance carriers and will manage the entire claim process for you. We ask you to consider connecting with Soil-Away today regarding an emergency property damage mitigation plan. You do not want to be caught off guard in the event of water, fire, or mold damage situation.