A laundromat in Portland, ME had a washing machine that overflowed, leaving a large puddle of water on the newly installed wood floors. When one of the workers saw it had overflowed, they quickly turned the appliance off. But damage had been done. The floors were now flooded, and the owners of the laundromat realized that they needed an emergency water damage cleanup.
You enter the attic in your Bedford, NH home and turn on the lights. While you try to look for an item, something catches your eye. You can’t pull your gaze and decide to have a look at it. The black specks, up close, alerts you to the presence of mold in the attic. There are various colors of mold in the attic: White, blue-green, gray, and black. While black mold is commonly labeled as toxic, it mostly indicated poor air quality. Mold remediation in the attic can easily be done. Before that, however, there are a few things to note.
Don’t let mold ruin your winter plans, if your home or office has become damaged by mold growth, call the experts! Soil-Away Cleaning and Restoration Services has dedicated 30 years of excellence to the New England community and is looking forward to providing services to Maine for many years to come. If you’re looking for mold removal services in Biddeford, Maine, look no further than Soil-Away!
When water damage strikes, it can have devastating circumstances on the people and communities it hits. On a small scale it can flood a basement. On a large scale, regional flooding can cripple a city, even Windham NH, socially, economically and environmentally. One of the largest challenges of dealing with this unfortunate circumstance is repairing flood damage to personal property.
A seaside restaurant in Portland, ME is flooded after a coastal storm. Several areas of the restaurant are water filled and damaged from the heavy rains. The owner of the restaurant realized he needed a disaster relief company for extracting flood damage from his restaurant, though he was concerned about what his insurance company would cover.
As you meander within your home in Nashua, NH, your nose catches the slight scent of smoke. Panicked, you run around the house, trying to find where it’s coming from. Then you hear a loud sparking sound. You rush to its source to find the room enveloped in flames. You call the emergency number, and soon enough, the firefighters arrive, extinguish the fire, then depart. In the aftermath, you let out a sigh as you now must contend with, what you observed, the electrical fire damage. The task of electrical fire damage cleanup is a tedious task. Not just damaged or lost property, but also the scar that is left behind in the wake of the fire. Having good insurance coverage will come in handy should a fire occur.
A house in Portland, ME has fire and smoke damage after a large fire started from an air conditioner malfunction. The fire occurred while the family was asleep. The smoke detectors inside the house were not working properly, so the fire was able to spread throughout much of the house unheard. Thankfully, the family woke up when they smelled the smoke. Quickly, they rushed their pets outside and called for help. If they were minutes later, they could have been burned, and their pets may have perished from the smoke and fire. The family, animals, and the house were saved, but not without serious fire and smoke damage.
A leaky pipe leads to mold. It sounds ridiculous, doesn’t it? Leaky pipes are one of the primary causes for mold development. The maintenance workers at a doctor’s office in Manchester, NH did not notice sections of their office walls becoming saturated with water until it was too late. Because of all the moisture, mold developed throughout areas of the wall. This has left a musty smell throughout the office. Not wanting to make sicknesses even worse for their patients, the owners closed the doctor’s office and sought immediate mold remediation.
Winter, spring, summer and fall all have their perks for York, ME residents. However, with each season can come weather challenges. Harsh weather can lead to property damage and the need for flood damage restoration services. Summer is peak tourist season for York. Thousands each year look forward to swimming, camping, cookouts and other activities. During these activities we also have to watch out for the weather. Every so often we enjoy a nice rain to help us cool off. But there are terrible storms related to summer weather. Not every day is a warm, relaxing day, even in York, Maine. In the spring and summer, you must always be prepared for thunderstorms, floods, and even hurricanes.
Your house has just had a disaster and you need water damage restoration services. Perhaps you have a leak in your roof; or a pipe burst; or you were the victim of a flood. Whatever the scenario, the last thing you want to deal with is a water damage disaster. Water damage can be very destructive. Natural disasters can cause great harm. Water tearing through your home can really wreak havoc. Even standing water, whether from a natural disaster or a malfunctioning appliance can cause severe damage. It can weaken your structure, destroy contents and in time, mold could form. All this leads to a huge headache for you. If the damage isn’t too severe, there’s a possibility you could repair it yourself, but that’s not always the case. Many times, you will need a water damage restoration specialist to respond.
You can’t prevent a storm from occurring, but you can be proactive in protecting your home or office from major storm damage. Know the risk that your city and town have, and take all necessary precautions in protecting your home, office, and business from major damage. Taking the right precautions may minimize the pain of the recovery and lessen the need for extensive storm damage mitigation.
Max, the school district’s superintendent walked slowly down the hall. His heart was filled with pride over how well things were going at this Nashua school. He walked up the stairs to the next floor of the two story building. Just as he reached the top of the stairs his nose caught a musty scent. His heart skipped a beat. Is that mold I smell? He thought. Wasting no time he followed the odor until he came to the attic. He opened the door. As his eyes adjusted to the dimness, he noticed a black slimy substance on the walls and floor – MOLD. Wasting no time he raced back to his office. He told his secretary to find him an excellent mold removal company. With children around, they had to remedy the situation as soon as possible. Mold growth is not acceptable in a school and this was going to be dealt with quickly.