You got off work after a hard day. Feeling a sense of accomplishment, you decide to relax and watch a little TV. Flipping channels you come across a program about a house with mold. Watching closely, you start to feel for the home owners. What a devastating find! It must be terrible to be in their situation. I’m glad I don’t have that problem, you think to yourself. After a while you wonder. How do I know if I have mold? How do I know that I don’t? How does anyone know? As you watch the disaster unfold for the unlucky homeowners you feel your heart begin to speed. Your throat tightens. Don’t fret. Here are a few ways to tell if you have a mold problem.
Archive for August, 2018
It’s a special occasion; a birthday, an anniversary, graduation, whatever the case may be! For most of these occasions, people usually decide to cook a special meal. That shouldn’t be so hard right? You set out your measuring items, gather your ingredients, and get out the pots and pans. Now you’re ready to go. You’re used to multitasking in the kitchen, adding ingredients, stirring, heating. So, you think nothing of it when you walk into the other room to check on something and leave the food unattended. You come back to a stove engulfed in flames. The fire was too high and a grease fire began. Now you have to deal with the aftermath; grease fire damage cleanup.
You hear a lot on the news today about the air quality, from pollen and smog levels to other contaminants, outdoors that can impact how we feel and our overall health. What you may not realize is that your home’s indoor air quality is equal, if not more, important. The air you breathe at home may be fraught with pollen, pet dander, dust and other contaminants.
Homeowners tend to worry about damage from a fire to the home more than any other disaster. While a fire can be devastating, a flood comes with its own fair share of damage and lasting clean up concerns. The likelihood that a home will flood at some time, whether from a burst pipe, overflowing bathroom faucet, or storm damage, is much higher than that a fire will strike. Yet many homeowners are unsure of what do when they find water in their home.
For publications wishing to pick up our press releases, we will post them on our blog.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE August 1, 2018
For more information, contact:
5 Eastpoint Drive
Hooksett, NH 03106
Soil-Away Effectively Restores Soft Contents for Homeowners and Businesses Affected by a Fire or Flood
Everyone can agree the smell of smoke is offensive and annoying, to say the least. The odor can be noxious. Whether your Concord, NH home has been exposed to smoke damage from a small house fire, an electrical fire, bombarded by cigarette smoke, or if it has been in the path of a forest fire, the irritating smell is still there. Getting rid of smoke odor can be an overwhelming task. Here are some things you can do.
Fires in your home or office can be damaging enough, but electrical fires can bring a whole new threat into your home. Electrical fires are different from normal fires in that they cannot be put out by normal means. That is, you can’t put water on them. This will only serve to make the problem worse as water conducts electricity and could make the fire spread. The electrical fire damage cleanup that follows can also be an arduous and lengthy matter.