The need for water damage emergency service was not in the plans for this Portsmouth, New Hampshire (NH) hotel. They were just three short days away from a sold out weekend. Two weddings and a local festival had them booked to capacity. The hotel staff was excited. The place was buzzing with activity as everyone prepared for influx of guests. Everything seemed to be falling into place. That was until a sprinkler head mysteriously let go. One of the guest rooms took on hundreds of gallons of water. Once the fire suppression system was finally shut off the hotel was left with a huge flooded mess. Immediate water damage emergency service was needed.
Archive for December, 2014
Rain, rain, and more rain pounded southern New Hampshire for three straight days. Areas of Salem, NH were starting to flood. Streets were washing out. Basements were filling up with water. The need for flood damage restoration was everywhere. Owners of water damaged homes were frantic for help. Soil-Away Cleaning and Restoration answered the call.
Effective removal of mold spores is critical to in-home safety. Mold can cause numerous health problems and can exacerbate issues such as asthma. Therefore, it’s important that homeowners have a comprehensive understanding on mold growth and mold removal services. In this blog, our team will review three of the most common questions clients have regarding the residential mold removal process.
Soil-Away founder, Jack Solloway, and director of client services, Josh Solloway, were recently featured guests on the Girard at Large Radio Show in Manchester, NH. The topic on hand was “Home Safety Tips for Winter.” The 20 minute interview highlighted steps that homeowners should take to evade costly property damage due to water, fire, and smoke issues.
“The colder winter months are typically when the majority of property damage occurs in New Hampshire,” states Jack. “We want to help people prevent water, fire, and smoke damage if possible. Many of the disasters we cleanup are can be avoided
The snow on the roofs always seemed to be accumulating. This was largely due to a record breaking winter. Countless snow storms were taking their toll on Concord, New Hampshire (NH) properties. Trees were collapsing, pipes were freezing, and ice dams were everywhere. A local senior living facility was feeling the effects. They had been battling ice dams for over a month now. Many of their resident homes on campus were inflicted with water damage from ice dams. The facilities staff was working side-by-side with Soil-Away to mitigate damage.
The wood stove was the culprit. More specifically, it was the blocked up venting system leading into the chimney. Just twenty-four hours ago a Goffstown, New Hampshire (NH) family was living their normal life. That all got turned up-side-down when smoke started billowing throughout the house. The wood stove was malfunctioning. What ensued was a mess. A small fire started in the parlor. Thick smoke was everywhere. The fire department responded quickly and put the fire out with ease. Nevertheless, the fire damage was done. Professional soot and smoke odor removal services were needed ASAP. The Goffstown family would be temporarily displaced while a certified fire damage restoration company cleaned and deodorized.