24 Hour Emergency Services


(603) 641-6555

Disaster Restoration Services

Serving New England since 1990

  • Home
  • Blog
  • Auburn, NH Family Learns How to Prevent Future Fires in Their Home
Fire in Kitchen

Auburn, NH Family Learns How to Prevent Future Fires in Their Home

Fires can leave a trail of devastation for homeowners, not only with the damage to the home itself but the family’s belongings. While insurance can go a long way to making the homeowner whole again, it can be difficult overcoming the emotional hurdles of losing those sentimental items. As an Auburn, NH family learned after a small fire in their home, it is well worth the effort for every homeowner to take some necessary precautions to prevent house fires.

Simple Steps Can Go a Long Way to Minimizing Your Home’s Fire Risk

It probably doesn’t come as a surprise that many home fires start in the kitchen. Unmanned lit stovetops are one of the biggest culprits. Be sure to remain in the kitchen when cooking on the stovetop and keep flammable objects such as oven mitts, wooden utensils, dish towels and food packaging away from the stovetop.

A home’s malfunctioning heating system can also quickly become a fire hazard. Pellet or wood stove malefactions, chimney failures and oil furnace puff-backs are a few common examples that can lead to fire or soot damage in the home. Annual inspections and regular maintenance can ensure that the systems are running like they should.

During the cooler months, many New Englanders will turn to space heaters to provide additional heat to the home. However, improper placement of these heaters can easily cause items to ignite. Be sure to keep the space heater away from anything flammable and at least three feet from any other heating equipment.

Improper electrical wiring and overloaded outlets can also raise your home’s risk of a fire. Be careful not to overload outlets with too many plugs and hire a professional for any electrical work.

In the case of this Auburn, NH family, the fire occurred in the laundry room caused by a build-up of lint in the dryer. Emptying the lint trap after every use and having the dryer duct professionally cleaned annually could have prevented the fire. In this case, the damage was not life-altering and the family learned a valuable lesson about preventing fires in the future.

Fire and Soot Damage Cleanup in Auburn, NH

In the event that your Auburn, NH property has been affected by fire or soot damage, call the disaster restoration professionals at Soil-Away (603-641-6555). Located in nearby Hooksett, Soil-Away’s IICRC certified team will clean and restore your property to pre-loss condition. Smoke odors will be removed while soot damage disappears. Soil-Away specializes in managing insurance claims and will assist you in navigating insurance process. The company is available 24/7 for fire and soot damage cleanup at 603-641-6555.

Tags: , , , , ,

  • ria
  • pca
  • cri
  • iaq
  • epa
  • iicrc
  • esporta
  • iicr

About Soil-Away

Soil-Away is a full service environmental and emergency restoration services company. We are one of the largest independent cleaning and restoration companies in New England. We work with insurance carriers, property management companies, major corporations, and homeowners in restoring their water, fire, smoke, odor damage to pre-loss condition. We also provide mold removal and prevention solutions, HVAC duct cleaning; furniture, and carpet cleaning.

Soil-Away Fastest Family Owned - 2017

Contact Information

Soil-Away Cleaning and
Restoration Services, LLC

Location
5 Eastpoint Drive
Hooksett, NH 03106

Phone

603-641-6555

Email
info@soilaway.com

After Hour Emergency

603-657-4851

Stay Connected!

Contact Us Now

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
0 Shares
Share
Tweet
+1
Share