Flood in Basement – Wells, ME
After a large storm late at night, the employees were uneasy when they woke up and found a flood in basement of their hotel in Wells, ME. Apparently, the storm caused the waves to crash ashore and flood into the five-star hotel that is adjacent to the ocean. Now furniture, food supplies, office materials, and several other objects are damaged from the intruding water. The employees feared that the infrastructure of the building may also be damaged, such as the floors and walls becoming warped from the moisture of the flood.
The employees realized that they needed to seek immediate water damage cleanup. The priority was their customer safety, as they did not want to put them in any danger. If flood damage is not properly handled, mold can develop and infect those within the hotel. The employees looked to their manager for guidance, who then looked to the owner of the hotel to seek a water damage cleanup company.
Who to Call for Flood in Basement Cleanup?
There are several companies serving Wells, ME that one could call to take care of a flood within the basement of their hotel. The one company that stood out as a trustworthy contractor was Soil-Away Cleaning and Restoration. Soil-Away is a highly reputable New England based water damage restoration company that has offered disaster restoration services since 1990. The company services commercial and residential clients throughout York County, Maine.
What makes Soil-Away so special is that they offer multiple services. Not only will the IICRC trained technicians come out to take care of a flood in your basement, they will also check for mold, offer carpet cleaning, reconstruction services, and deliver fire and soot damage repairs.
The Industry Proven Process for Cleaning a Flood in Basement
Upon arriving, the professionals from Soil-Away followed a specific process to clean up the flood in basement and restore the hotel to its previous pre-water damage state. The technicians were especially kind and informative to the hotel staff, ensuring them with confidence that the water damage would be cleaned up quickly and efficiently. The trained professionals followed these specific procedures:
- Inspection: The technicians inspect the property to fully evaluate the damage. They utilize specific tools and instruments to measure the moisture content.
- Flood Extraction: Technicians will remove water using high-powered vacuums
- Drying and Dehumidification: Technicians will use commercial air movers to dry the room and circulate airflow. Dehumidifiers are used to remove the moisture in the air.
- Monitoring: The technicians will monitor and ensure proficiency of the drying effort
- Cleaning Process: All objects that can be restored will be sanitized and cleaned.
- Restoration: Technicians will look to rebuild and restore any areas that were damaged from the flood. This may include replacing drywall, insulation and carpeting.
- Future Prevention: Lastly, the technicians will look to inform the managers how to best prevent future flood damage.
Call Today if You Experience a Flood in Your Basement (1-800-293-6319)
As one can see, the process of cleaning a flood in basement isn’t as easy as one would assume. Doing it yourself is an option, but a challenging one. There are a lot of procedures involved, and it’s best to find a company that can handle the full cleanup scope. Soil-Away not only cleaned and restored the hotel in Wells, ME, but they also restored the satisfaction of employees and customers who came to experience the benefits of a five-star hotel along the shore of Wells, ME. Soil-Away has knowledgeable employees, efficient equipment, and has been caring for New England homes and businesses for over 25 years. If you face property disaster damage or would simply like more information about Soil-Away Cleaning and Restoration Services, please call 1-800-293-6319.
By A. Phelps