A Concord, New Hampshire resident came home to find that his
house had undergone fire and smoke damage
to much of the garage. While he was away on a business trip, his wife and
children decided to host a fish- fry party for their friends and family. Little
did they know, their day-time fun outing will turn into a disaster. While left
unattended, the oil that was used in the fryer had begun to spill over and soon
after the initial spark was lighted, the entire garage was burned to a crisp.
While the days are cooling off with the pending arrival of fall,
many people will pack up their summer picnic basket and exchange it for fall
cuisines and cooking at home. There’s something about a delicious home-cooked
meal that gets your mouth watering. While many people take cooking safety for
granted; it should be clear that most home fires start in the
kitchen. Before turning on that burner, it’s important to know the top causes
of kitchen fires.
An apartment complex in Manchester, NH recently sustained fire and smoke damage. One of the residents burned their casserole after leaving it in the oven for too long. While the fire was taken care of rather quickly, the smoke travelled throughout the complex and into other rooms. The fire was put out and the charred objects were removed. However, the remnants of smoke remained for days on end. Professional smoke odor damage cleaning was needed.
Fires can happen at any time. Most house fires start in the kitchen. Preparing a meal takes concentration. Steps include the following: gathering all the ingredients, preparing all the measurements and assembling all the pots and pans. This takes up much of your attention but you must also focus on keeping an eye on what you’re cooking and being careful not to leave it unattended. It is easy to get distracted. You check your phone and all of a sudden grease splashes onto the burner and begins...
It’s never fun to get to the point where you need fire damage repairs on your house. Ask the family in Auburn, NH, who after undergoing a fire in their home are devastated when they see their home in flames and several of their personal belongings ruined. They now seek fire damage repair.
The holidays are wrapping up, your in-laws have graciously left until the next family gathering, but not before giving you parental advice or cooking recipes that you will only use for them, and now it’s time to take down the holiday decorations. If you’re anything like me, the Christmas tree will be down before New Year’s Day and your fur-children will go back to chewing the kitchen table legs and area rugs. To ensure your holiday season is wrapped up nicer than the bow on the Christmas presents,...
When you need restoration services for fire damage it is imperative to work with someone you trust. Londonderry, New Hampshire (NH) property owners rely on Soil-Away to help them recover quickly from fire, soot and smoke damage. Soil-Away is a family-owned and operated, independent firm which has been serving the residents of Londonderry since 1990. For 24/7 emergency fire damage cleanup services call 603-641-6555 to reach the restoration professionals at Soil-Away. Below are a few more tips to...
The need for smoke and soot damage restoration services was not on the summer “to-do” list for one Londonderry, New Hampshire (NH) couple. Unfortunately a day of grilling turned their summer plans up-side-down. It was a warm Saturday in June. A day which was supposed to be full of friends and fun. Unfortunately a grilling mishap ruined the party. A gas grill was too close to the home. The grill was overloaded when a grease flare up ignited the nearby deck and side of the house. As the fire burned...
Memorial Day and the summer season are fast approaching. That means it’s time to enjoy the warm weather and start grilling! Before dusting off your grill, it would be wise to revisit some basic safety tips. Home fires and injuries from grilling peak in June and July. This is according to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). They also explain that the United States averages nearly 8,600 home fires every year from grilling. Avoid dangerous fire damage when grilling by following the helpful...
Residents of Nashua, Merrimack, and Amherst New Hampshire (NH) rely on Soil-Away for fast and efficient smoke damage removal services. Soil-Away is available 24/7 to service flood and fire damage emergencies. The company is IICRC Master-Certified and is NH’s premier cleaning and restoration firm. Below is a brief case study on how Soil-Away recently performed smoke damage removal services in Merrimack, NH for a family that sustained a cooking fire.
Did you know that the threat of a cooking fire triples on Thanksgiving Day? This is according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. In recent years, the average daily number of cooking fires escalates from 400 to 1,300 incidents during turkey time! So what can you do to keep you and your loved ones safe during this holiday season? Below are the top 8 tips for fire safety and prevention.
Soil-Away is a full service disaster restoration contractor. Our team specializes in 24/7 emergency response for fire, smoke, water, flood, mold and biohazard damage to your property. Soil-Away is based in New Hampshire and has been serving commercial and residential clients throughout New England since 1990.