A flood or fire in the home can cause irreparable damage to appliances. Even after the fire is out or the water has been removed, it is possible that the electronic components of the appliances were damaged. High labor and repair costs often make more sense to replace these altogether.
Dealing with fire and smoke damage is not the foremost thing on your mind, but hundreds of homes across New Hampshire have to deal with this reality every year. Kitchen mishaps, oil furnace puff backs, electrical malfunctions, chimney backups, and pellet stove failures are but a few of the causes of such disasters. Fire damage, whether from forest fires, an accident, or just plain carelessness, is a serious matter. Once the fire is out, and everyone is safe, there are many matters to contend with; soot damage is not the least of them. For your safety and well-being, it’s important to recognize the unknown dangers of soot damage.
Fires can happen at any time. Most house fires start in the kitchen. Preparing a meal takes concentration. Steps include the following: gathering all the ingredients, preparing all the measurements and assembling all the pots and pans. This takes up much of your attention but you must also focus on keeping an eye on what you’re cooking and being careful not to leave it unattended. It is easy to get distracted. You check your phone and all of a sudden grease splashes onto the burner and begins to spread. After a bit of a struggle, you manage to put it out. Luckily no one was hurt, however your dinner was ruined and you’re stuck having to deal with kitchen fire cleanup.
Fire and smoke damage can be disastrous to your home or office. Fire travels through the building in mere minutes and penetrates flooring, walls and ceilings. Smoke is a combination of particles and chemicals caused by incomplete burning of carbon-containing constituents. If your home or office has been through a fire you need to know how smoke damage can affect your business.
A family in Epping, NH had their furnace severely malfunction. The oil furnace puff back left soot and smoke all over their basement. Devastated that the damage might be permanent and spread throughout their house, the family sought immediate help to clear the smoke and soot.
After being exposed to heat, smoke, and the chemicals used by firefighters to put out the fire not everything should be salvaged. The items that you toss should include food, medicines, cosmetics and burned clothing.
A homeowner in Merrimack, NH experienced soot damage from an oil furnace puff back. The homeowner is devastated that soot has been dispersed throughout his home, leaving smoke and black stains that will linger for months and ruin his belongings. The homeowner immediately called Soil-Away Cleaning and Restoration Services, looking for advice on how to clean up the soot damage.
It’s a special occasion; a birthday, an anniversary, graduation, whatever the case may be! For most of these occasions, people usually decide to cook a special meal. That shouldn’t be so hard right? You set out your measuring items, gather your ingredients, and get out the pots and pans. Now you’re ready to go. You’re used to multitasking in the kitchen, adding ingredients, stirring, heating. So, you think nothing of it when you walk into the other room to check on something and leave the food unattended. You come back to a stove engulfed in flames. The fire was too high and a grease fire began. Now you have to deal with the aftermath; grease fire damage cleanup.
Everyone can agree the smell of smoke is offensive and annoying, to say the least. The odor can be noxious. Whether your Concord, NH home has been exposed to smoke damage from a small house fire, an electrical fire, bombarded by cigarette smoke, or if it has been in the path of a forest fire, the irritating smell is still there. Getting rid of smoke odor can be an overwhelming task. Here are some things you can do.
Fires in your home or office can be damaging enough, but electrical fires can bring a whole new threat into your home. Electrical fires are different from normal fires in that they cannot be put out by normal means. That is, you can’t put water on them. This will only serve to make the problem worse as water conducts electricity and could make the fire spread. The electrical fire damage cleanup that follows can also be an arduous and lengthy matter.