A young Auburn, New Hampshire man was devastated when the toilet water supply line busted in the bathroom. The cold winter months proved to be a challenge for his home and his bathroom floor—the restroom was flooded with water. He didn’t know what to do, and he didn’t have much time, so he mopped up the floor using as many towels as he could find and headed off to work. When he came back home many hours later, the situation was much worse. The water filled the restroom, seeped through the base of the walls, and infiltrated other rooms of the home. It was evident that he should’ve taken the day off to call a flood damage restoration specialist to come out and mitigate the water damage. Now the damage was severe.
Posts Tagged ‘Auburn’
Professional mold remediation can become necessary when water or moisture is left stagnant for too long. This becomes a breeding ground for mold growth down the road. To avoid such issues as mold growth, it is important to practice necessary safety tips when dealing with water loss of any kind. In the case of an Auburn, New Hampshire father who came home to discover that his children’s 200-gallon fish tank had been leaking for a period of about five days, he knew that professional mold remediation may be necessary. As a first course of action, he plugged up the hole and securely sealed it to prevent further leaking so that he could remove the tank for repairs. Next, he grabbed the largest towels that he could find to soak up the excess moisture and called Soil-Away, the professional team of experts in his area with great reviews.
After returning home from a long, much needed vacation you open the door to your Auburn, New Hampshire home to unload your luggage. You then spread yourself out on the couch with a cool drink in hand. You take a swallow of the refreshing liquid and lift your head. That’s when you notice it; a large spot on your ceiling. Could it be that you have water damage on the ceiling? Where did it come from? Since you’ve been gone a while, it’s hard to tell whether the moisture intrusion came from a leaking plumbing line or from seepage in the roof. There’s a way to tell. If the water appears fresh, it probably comes from a plumbing leak, if it seems dirty or causes a stain on the roof; it’s a safe bet it’s from a roof leak. Repairing this problem, whether it’s caused by a broken pipe or heavy rain, is crucial to the condition of your home.
The kitchen is a significant area in any home that houses more than just appliances and cookware. This multi-functional room is home to holiday gatherings, family dinners and important discussions that can turn this room into the center of attention. While the kitchen may be the focal point in your home, did you know that it can also be the source of a fire? Aside from common stove or oven fires, another popular kitchen appliance that can cause a fire is a dishwasher. Yes, the very appliance that cleans dishes, can be the very one that causes the biggest mess. For one Bow, New Hampshire (NH) family, fire cleanup services were promptly needed after their dishwasher caused an unexpected fire.
It’s May here in New Hampshire (NH), which means all the great ice cream stands are now open after a long winter hiatus. Grills are being fired-up with delicious food and the smell of smores roasting over campfires fill the springtime air. While NH residents are focused on enjoying the newfound warmth and outdoor activities that May brings, there is another sight that residents should be on the lookout for—mold. Mold can occur in numerous locations throughout your home or business. It is a common occurrence after a snowy winter and rainy spring. Elevated moisture in the environment can lead to the need for a professional mold clean up service. For one Auburn, NH family their spring time activities have shifted to mold remediation.
What do cooking grills, stoves, power cord strips and space heaters all have in common? The ability to produce unwanted flames resulting in the need to utilize a fire damage restoration service. These everyday items can be found in many New Hampshire (NH) homes and businesses, as they add convenience and simplicity to our busy lives. While cooking a family dinner on the stove or plugging-in multiple power cords into a power strips is performed daily without a second thought, a fire emergency can be lurking behind these simple everyday tasks. One common source of fire damage are space heaters, which are generally used to heat unheated areas, such as a garage or basement.
Flood damage, standing water and saturated building materials can be catastrophic for a property. This is why smart consumers turn to Soil-Away, a certified water restoration company, to quickly mitigate water disasters for their Auburn, New Hampshire homes. The trained professionals at Soil-Away understand how to assess a water loss and work quickly to minimize damages after a flood. The company delivers 24/7 emergency response services so that Auburn homeowners never had to worry about finding a certified water restoration company when they need it the most. The below case study is a recent example of a family who experienced a flood and needed immediately water damage cleanup services.
The need for a water damage restoration company in Auburn, New Hampshire (NH) can be the result of something simple or catastrophic. An example of something simple could be a sink overflow or hot water tank failure. A catastrophic event could be a ground water flood from a river or a septic system backup. Regardless of the source, it is important for Auburn residents to commission the assistance of a professional water damage mitigation firm. Professionals will be able to fully assess the situation, develop a mitigation plan and carry out the necessary steps to get you the best results. Here is a brief case study outlining the importance of hiring a qualified water damage restoration company.
Hiring the best air duct cleaner for your specific needs can be a daunting task. We understand this and that is why the team at Soil-Away tries to make the process easy on you. One relevant example can be seen with a new client of ours from Auburn, New Hampshire (NH). The young, married couple just bought their first home. They were renting an apartment in Manchester for several years while they saved to buy a house in Auburn. The couple was obsessed with maintaining a clean home. Indoor air quality was very important to them. Before settling into the house, they agreed to hire a professional air duct cleaner.