Flood Water Extraction – Nashua, NH
Big storms equal big damage to properties in our region. Residents of Nashua NH know this all too well and do the best they can to protect themselves from these natural disasters. There’s only so much they can do if they happen to be in the path of the oncoming storm: listen to the radio; heed the warnings of the announcer; board up and sandbag their homes; move to higher ground; try to protect themselves and family and BE SAFE.
While they can shelter themselves the best they can and run for cover, their homes will still have to endure the wrath of the ravaging storm. The aftermath of the storm nears and they finally return home. It’s time to pick up the pieces. Now the real work begins. In all likelihood, their houses will be swimming in water. Removing it will not be an easy task. They will most likely need to employ the aid of a professional to bring their dwellings back to their former condition. They need someone who excels at flood water extraction.
Causes of flooding and water damage
Natural disasters such as floods and hurricanes aren’t the only things that can immerse your home in several feet of water. There are several reasons that your home can be in need of flood water extraction:
- Frozen water lines/burst pipes
- Plumbing problems
- Failed hot water tank
- Roof leaks
- Sink, toilet or tub overflow
- Washing machine malfunction
Whatever the cause, you need to deal with the issues as quickly as possible. Flood waters can not only be damaging they can be dangerous.
Dangers of flood waters
Flood water can pose many threats; these are just a few:
- Electrical dangers – Water can conduct electricity. Entering your home without turning the power off can be dangerous and create the threat of electrocution.
- Structural damage – The longer your home is exposed to standing water it increases the threat of structural compromises. Water is corrosive and can deteriorate your home causing structural damage.
- Mold damage – Mold can grow quickly and your home needs to get dried out quickly in order to avoid it.
- Bio-hazards – Water may be contaminated depending on the source and what the water passes through. Think about flood waters passing through streets and yards full of contaminants.
Steps to take after water damage to your home
After you’ve taken the initial steps of making sure your home is safe (turning off the electrical power, wearing protective gear such as goggles and boots and gloves before entering your home), you also need to:
- Submit a water damage claim to insurance
- Hire a flood water extraction and cleanup contractor
- Determine the cause – whether it’s a natural disaster, faulty plumbing, bathroom overflow, broken or frozen pipes, etc.
- Document the damage with photos or video
Call a professional flood water extraction service
If you have been a victim of flood waters, seek help from a professional. Call Soil-Away at (603) 641-6555. They are highly-trained IICRC certified professionals who, with over 25 years of experience, are extremely skilled at eliminating the threats that flood waters pose. You’ve had enough to worry about. Trust them as your flood water extraction and cleanup specialists.
Written by E. Aceves