Water Damage – Hudson, NH 03051
Spring is officially upon us here in Hudson, New Hampshire (NH). Temperatures are on the rise and greenery is slowing filling-in the uncomfortable view to your neighbor’s house. With warmer weather also comes jam-packed schedules filled with home renovations, landscaping projects and spring cleaning plans. That leaves no room for unexpected issues -such as water damage. Water damage can occur at any time of the year. It is one of those nuisances that seem to pop-up unexpectedly, leaving costly bills and frustration in its wake.
Garbage disposal clogs, bursting pipes and a broken washing machine hose are all issues that can contribute to water damage. When an unexpected leak arises and puts your springtime projects on hold, Soil-Away is here for you!
What Causes a Leaking Washing Machine?
A leaking washing machine is never something a homeowner wants to experience, especially since this is one of the most important and used appliances in their home. With families using this appliance multiple times per week, and sometimes per day, it is essential to know what may cause it to leak water. A few factors that may cause a leak are:
- A broken or cracked drain hose (hoses lose their durability over time, which may cause them to break or crack).
- A broken seal inside of the washing machine pump (similar to drain hoses, these seals can become cracked and fragile over time, which can result in the water not being drained properly).
- The center post gasket seal is broken, resulting in water leaking out of the washing machine during the drain cycle.
- Using too much laundry detergent (laundry detergent that creates suds can cause an overflow of water if overused).
Preventing Unwanted Water Damage
Walking down to a flooded basement or a water-filled laundry room is never the highlight of the day, especially when there is a basket of laundry waiting to be put into the washing machine. Luckily, there are a few things you can do to help prevent unwanted water leaks in your home, such as:
- Do not overfill the washing machine with clothes (you can test to see if a leak was caused by an overload by running a cycle without clothing).
- Check and replace drain hoses on a routine basis.
- Do not overuse laundry detergent.
- Have all seals and gaskets checked on a routine basis to ensure they do not need to be replaced.
If you do experience water damage due to a washing machine leak, it is important to shut off the power, and try to remove all the expelled water manually or with a wet/dry vacuum until a water removal service can assess the situation. Opening windows and setting up a dehumidifier will also help to dry-out the area, and assist in preventing any mold or mildew formation.
Soil-Away-The Flood Damage Cleanup Experts
Soil-Away is a family-owned and operated business that has 25 years of water removal and flood cleanup experience. It is the only certified Esporta Soft-Contents Restoration Operator in NH. If your home or business is claimed by a flood or water damage and you need fast water mitigation, contact our 24/7 water cleanup and restoration emergency line at 603-641-6555. From Hudson to Barnstead, we are always here for you!
Written by: K. Gnatowski
Contact Us Now