Tips for Choosing a Restoration Company in Manchester, NH
In life, we seem to take things for granted. While we insure our homes, we don’t really think anything will come of it, and hopefully, it doesn’t. Then, disaster strikes! Your home was hit by a hurricane; struck by lightning; you were the victim of flood damage; a fire ravaged your home, or you had a serious sewage backup problem. Any one of these things (and more) could happen. Now you need to turn your attention to finding help. Here are some tips for choosing a property damage restoration company to get you back on your feet.
Understanding the scope of your property damage
Your Manchester, NH property is the victim of a disaster and you need help restoring it. But there are a few things you should consider before looking for a restoration company.
- First, you need to determine if the damage is an emergency
- Now you need to figure out the source of the damage. For instance, if it’s water damage; is it a toilet overflowing or a burst pipe?
- Next, you need to determine the extent of the damage. This includes assessing to the best of your ability how many rooms are affected by the disaster.
What to look for in a disaster restoration company
Now that you’ve done all the above preparations, you can begin to look for a disaster restoration company. This is your property; you want the best that you can get – someone you can trust to get you back on your feet. How do you go about doing this?
- You need to find someone who is well established in your community with honest reviews from local clients.
- A good restoration company will be certified through the IICRC, the most widely recognized certificate, guaranteeing the establishment is meeting industry standards (they should be able to provide proof of this)
- Make sure the company is insured
- They should work closely with your insurance company and know how to process claims as well as provide any paperwork to your insurance company when needed
- They should have the proper equipment to deal with your situation whether it be fire (the ability to remove soot and smoke odors as well as rebuild), or water damage (proper ways to detect mold), or any other type of disaster.
- They should document everything, providing photos and keeping detailed notes
24/7 Response for property disaster cleanup
When your home is at stake, you want fast service. You should definitely choose someone who gives you a prompt assessment. They should be able to evaluate your problem and provide you with an estimate of how long it will take to restore and the cost. They should also be available 24/7. They must be someone you can trust to be there when you need them. Most importantly, they must be well-trained, experienced, licensed experts with the necessary equipment to get you up and running and restore your Manchester, NH property to its former beauty.
Soil-Away Cleaning and Restoration is a highly respected, reputable IICRC certified company with over 25 years of service in the NH area. They can be reached day or night. Call them at 603-641-6555.
By E. Aceves