House Mold Removal – Salem, NH 03079
Although mold can grow on almost any surface in your Salem, New Hampshire (NH) home or business, this multi-cellular fungus mostly thrives in low-light, poorly ventilated locations. Attics, basements, crawl spaces and even closets are great locations for mold to form, as long as there is moisture present. Discovering mold in your property can be stressful and overwhelming. To alleviate the tension it is vital to understand the proper steps for removing the mold and how to find quality house mold removal companies.
Questions to Ask Mold Remediation Companies
You have discovered mold hiding beneath the carpet in your home’s living room, which means the hardwood floors that you were hoping to put down, have now been placed on the backburner behind mold cleanup. The greenish-grey colored specks on the living room floor boards resemble the classic mold appearance, but you have a licensed mold inspector come out to take a sample of the growths to verify that it is mold. Once the mold is confirmed, it is time to locate a house mold removal company, but what questions do you ask them? How do you know which removal company to hire? Below are a few key questions to keep in mind when filtering out mold remediation companies:
- Is the company insured?
- Do they provide estimates and a warranty for services?
- Are they able to provide references?
- Do crew members wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)?
- Does the business work with the insurance company throughout the claims process?
- If your contents and belongings have mold damage, does the company offer restoration services?
- Are crew members available 24/7 for any questions or additional support?
Getting Rid of Mold Problems
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), if your home or business has mold contained to an area that is less than 10 square feet, it is possible to remediate the issue without professional assistance. However, it is essential that individuals be aware of health risks and the cleanup process for safely removing mold. If the affected area is greater than 10 square feet, a certified house mold removal company should be contacted, such as Soil-Away Cleaning and Restoration Services. Soil-Away is:
- Fully insured and bonded.
- Certified by IICRC, IAQA, RIA, NADCA and Esporta Wash Systems.
- Able to remove mold in a safe manner by using industry grade equipment and PPE.
- Available 24/7 for mold emergencies.
- Experienced in restoring items that have been damaged by mold.
- Approved vendor for dozens of national and local insurance companies and proficient in helping you through the claims process.
Common Mold Locations
In addition to carpeting, the most common locations for mold growth are:
- Underneath kitchen sinks
- Shower walls and behind/under sinks
- Around air-conditioning units
- Behind appliances
- Garages and basements
Soil-Away – House Mold Removal Experts
When NH residents discover their home or business has mold, it is important to contact a certified and insured mold remediation service such as Soil-Away. Soil-Away—a family-owned and operated business with over 27 years of house mold removal experience— is equipped with HEPA air scrubbers, HEPA vacuums, dry-ice blasters, personal protective equipment (PPE) and is IICRC master-certified. Soil-Away is here for residents of Salem, NH when they have a mold clean-up project. Contact the mold and remediation experts today at 603-641-6555.
Written by: K. Gnatowski
Contact Us Now