Mold Remediation in Basement – Londonderry, NH 03053
A family in Londonderry, NH is worried when they discover mold in their basement. They have heard of the dangers of mold and fear that it can impact the health of their newborn baby. Immediately, they research information on the effects of mold and how they can quickly receive mold remediation in basement.
It is impossible to remove all mold. Microscopic mold spores exist everywhere around us- indoors, outdoors, homes, business, etc. While some businesses claim they can remove all mold, this is not possible. Even after a mold removal, some form of mold may exist in small amounts or as tiny, microscopic spores. With this being said, here are some commonly known attributes of mold:
- Mold is present everywhere
- Microscopic mold spores float along air waves and may be able to enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems
- Mold spores may also be present on your clothing or pets that enter the house
- Moisture causes mold spores to multiply when combined with a food source. When exposed to water, mold spores grow into colonies, which can then produce allergens and irritants
- Sources of water or moisture, including water damage must be addressed before mold remediation takes place, otherwise the mold can easily return
- Mold usually produces a strong, musty odor
- Higher than normal humidity in a household can lead to the production of mold. It is best to reduce indoor humidity to less than 50 percent.
Act Quickly for Mold Remediation in Basement
A lot of times, the results of water damage can lead to the presence of mold. In the event of flooding, restoration specialists should be called immediately to take care of water damage as quickly as possible, so that it will not further develop into mold. Mold can easily grow within 24 to 48 hours and will begin to colonize within 1 to 12 days, so one must act quickly to prevent mold from spreading within their home. Proper water damage cleanup will prevent the need for mold remediation in basement down the road.
Not everyone is affected by mold. However, those who are sensitive to mold may experience a variety of effects, such as nasal stuffiness, throat irritation, coughing, wheezing, eye irritation, and in some cases, skin irritation.
Call Soil-Away for Mold Remediation
In order to perform the mold remediation both safely and accurately, the family needed to put their trust in a mold remediation specialist company. The family in Londonderry, NH called Soil-Away after the business was recommended by their neighbors.
Soil-Away Cleaning and Restoration Services is a family owned and operated cleaning and restoration service based in Hooksett, NH. The business offers 24-hour emergency services and specializes in water damage cleanup, fire damage cleanup, mold remediation, and carpet cleaning. Highly trained professionals are on every project and take pride in caring for your house and leading you through the process to ensure your home will be restored. To learn about mold remediation in basement, or to have mold removal services performed, don’t hesitate to call Soil-Away at (603) 641-6555.
By A. Phelps
Contact Us Now