Everyday Spot Removal and Carpet Cleaning Tips
Does your home or business have carpeting? Have the carpets lost their cleanliness and visual appeal to the point where they resemble a mixture of dirt spots and stains? If so, you are not alone. Many New Hampshire (NH) property owners suffer with unsightly carpets that are sprinkled with coffee stains, remnants of mud puddles and/or imbedded pet hair. While your carpets may have seen better days, the good news is that a thorough cleaning can help restore your carpets and assist in removing those pesky, unwanted spots that are keeping your carpets from looking and feeling like new.
Removing Stubborn Spots
Spills, stains and dirt marks are all common characteristics of carpeting that could use a thorough cleaning. Not only does a good cleaning help remove unwanted spots and odors from the carpet, but it also can provide some health benefits, such as reducing allergens and dust particles. However, removing these stubborn stains can be difficult, especially if the marks have been there for a while. A few tips to keep in mind when trying to remove common stains or when using a carpet cleaner are:
- When soil is still fresh, always dab spots with a paper towel or clean white cloth to gently lift the stain particles out of the material.
- Do not scrub or apply a large amount of pressure to the stain or mark, as this may cause the particles to expand and move deeper into the carpet fibers.
- If implementing DIY carpet cleaning methods, avoid over-shampooing or over-wetting the carpet, as this can lead to mold and/or carpet discoloration.
Everyday Items for Stain Removal
You spill your morning coffee on your living room rug or the dog runs inside from a rainy day, and tracks muddy pawprints around the house-what do you do? While hiring a professional carpet cleaners are a great way to deep clean your carpets, and is a task that should be performed at least once per year, you may not have the time or need to fully deep clean the area. A few everyday items that can assist you in removing a quick carpet spots are:
- Club soda (dab a small amount of club soda onto a clean cloth or paper towel to the affected area).
- Shaving cream (apply the shaving cream directly to the affected area and then spray with a small amount of a vinegar and water mixture).
- A mild soap and water mixture.
- A dishwashing detergent and water mixture.
- WD-40 (spray a small amount of WD-40 on the affected area and let sit for one to two minutes. Finish by running a carpet cleaner over the area).
- Baking soda (sprinkle a small amount of baking soda on the stain to help lift it from the carpet fibers).
- Baby wipes (use baby wipes to remove fresh liquid stains by blotting the impacted area).
Note that the items listed above are applicable in different circumstances and results may vary. Further research is required to apply the right solution to the type of spot to be removed. If further assistance is required, please call the carpet cleaning experts at Soil-Away 603-641-6555.
Soil-Away Is Here for You!
Soil-Away is a family-owned and operated business that has over 25 years of water, mold and fire damage cleanup experience, and is the only certified Esporta Soft-Contents Restoration Operator in NH. If you need professional assistance with carpet cleaning contact the cleaning and home restoration experts at 603-641-6555.
Written by: K. Gnatowski
Contact Us Now