Flood Damage Mitigation Company – York, Maine
Floods can cause a great deal of damage wherever you reside; this includes York, Maine. Whether the damage comes from a burst pipe, an overflowing toilet or sink, or a natural disaster such as a flood, hurricane or nor’easter, there is still a lot of damage that has to be repaired. Depending on the scope of the disaster, it may be in your best interest to hire a flood damage mitigation company.
Mitigation is defined as the action of decreasing the severity, urgency or painfulness of something. Water damage mitigation is the prevention and management of floods and the damage they can cause. Professional flood damage mitigation services can relieve much of the stress and cost that is produced by flooding. When you are bombarded by water damage, in whichever form it comes, you need to find a good flood damage mitigation company as soon as possible.
Proactive steps to mitigating flood damage
Flood mitigation can reduce the severity of flood damage when it strikes. Getting flood insurance is an excellent way to protect yourself after the damage is done. But here are some other ways a community can prepare for floods.
- Discouraging the development in high-risk areas. Sometimes it’s best to leave regions in high-risk zones undeveloped.
- Elevating structures – if you live in a high-risk area and prefer not to relocate, you could elevate your home.
- Divert water flow – A coastal city, such as York, Maine could build retaining walls, dams and retention ponds to redirect the flood waters away from at risk structures.
Protecting your home
If you are in a high-risk area –don’t despair. Even if your home was affected by the flood waters you can still protect it from further damage
Before you do anything, you must put safety first.
- Ensure the structure is safe before entering. If the damage is extensive, you may require the help of a contractor or structural engineer.
- Make sure to wear the appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Secure property and restrict access to authorized personnel only
Once the building is safe, dry out the property
- Open doors and windows
- Use fans to direct the air out of the home.
- Use dehumidifiers
- Coordinate services with a reputable flood damage mitigation company
Contact a professional flood damage mitigation company (1-800-293-6319)
While there are things you can do to save your home from irreparable damage, it’s best to seek professional help. Getting your home back in working order may require more muscle than you can muster. This is where Soil-Away Cleaning and Restoration comes in. Soil-Away is an IICRC certified company with more than 25 years of experience helping people deal with floods. They are experienced professionals who can use their high-tech equipment to make your home safe. They can detect how much moisture is in your home so the areas can be fully dried. If mold is found in the process it will be dealt with immediately. Soil-Away can remediate mold from your York, Maine home and successfully deal with the water damage cleanup. For any type of flood disaster they are the ones to call. Soil-Away is available 24/7 at 1-800-293-6319.
Written by E. Aceves