Flood damage cleanup – Goffstown, NH
Floods are quite a force to reckon with. They come upon us suddenly and seemingly out of nowhere. The once blue sky darkens; it begins to rain; the rain increases and soon it seems there is no end. Thankfully, most of the time we’re warned at least a little ahead of time. The media can alert us to these types of situations. Be on your guard! Listen; and prepare yourself in case you have to evacuate; move to higher ground. If you chose to ride out the storm, be prepared. Floods are one of the most destructive forces of nature. Remember – no one is safe from floods, not even the residents of Goffstown, New Hampshire! Where there’s rain; there is the likelihood of flooding. If, by chance, you find yourself a victim of flooding, you are probably going to be in need of flood damage cleanup.
Dangers of floods
While water can be a beautiful sight, adding to the enjoyment of nature, it can also be corrosive and dangerous. Here are some of the dangers of flooding:
- High waters and swelling currents
- Sharp objects and projectiles
- Dangerous and displaced wildlife
- Harmful bacteria and contamination
- Risk of electrocution
- Structural damage – be careful when returning to your waterlogged home. Water can do serious damage to the structure of your home, making it a hazardous place to be.
- Mold – in time, mold could fester and spread quickly. It only takes 24-48 hours for mold to do its damaging work. Mold can not only damage your home and belongings; it can be harmful to your health.
Professional flood damage cleanup and repairs
If a flood has damaged your Goffstown home, you will need professional help. There are limited things you can do on your own.
- You can make a record of damaged items (photograph them) and remove them to a safer place.
- Air out your home
- Remove as much standing water immediately
But to be sure that everything goes smoothly, you will need the help of a professional flood damage cleanup contractor. You need a restoration company that will work closely with your insurance company to make sure the claim processes smoothly. This company will have the equipment and the knowledge to dry and dehumidify your home to the perfect level. Look for a company that is IICRC certified and available 24/7. You need Soil-Away Cleaning and Restoration. They are qualified professionals who will put you first. They can restore your Goffstown home to its previous luster. With over 30 years of service, they are the ones to contact for flood damage cleanup. Call them at 1-800-293-6319.
Written by E. Aceves
Contact Us Now