The kitchen is a significant area in any home that houses more than just appliances and cookware. This multi-functional room is home to holiday gatherings, family dinners and important discussions that can turn this room into the center of attention. While the kitchen may be the focal point in your home, did you know that it can also be the source of a fire? Aside from common stove or oven fires, another popular kitchen appliance that can cause a fire is a dishwasher. Yes, the very appliance that cleans dishes, can be the very one that causes the biggest mess. For one Bow, New Hampshire (NH) family, fire cleanup services were promptly needed after their dishwasher caused an unexpected fire.
Archive for May, 2017
It’s May here in New Hampshire (NH), which means all the great ice cream stands are now open after a long winter hiatus. Grills are being fired-up with delicious food and the smell of smores roasting over campfires fill the springtime air. While NH residents are focused on enjoying the newfound warmth and outdoor activities that May brings, there is another sight that residents should be on the lookout for—mold. Mold can occur in numerous locations throughout your home or business. It is a common occurrence after a snowy winter and rainy spring. Elevated moisture in the environment can lead to the need for a professional mold clean up service. For one Auburn, NH family their spring time activities have shifted to mold remediation.
Dryers are one of those appliances in your home where you “set it and forget it.” You throw your freshly washed clothes into the dryer from the washing machine, set the timer and then forget about it until the timer goes off 50 or 60 minutes later. However, did you know that by “setting and forgetting” about the clothes in your dryer, you could be putting your home at risk for a fire? According to the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA), there are over 16,000 reported home fires each year resulting from a clothes dryer, with dust, lint or fiber igniting first in just under 30% dryer fires. So, before you toss your laundry into the dryer without cleaning the vent first or leaving the house to run errands while the dryer is running, there are a few tips to keep in mind to help prevent an unexpected fire.
What do cooking grills, stoves, power cord strips and space heaters all have in common? The ability to produce unwanted flames resulting in the need to utilize a fire damage restoration service. These everyday items can be found in many New Hampshire (NH) homes and businesses, as they add convenience and simplicity to our busy lives. While cooking a family dinner on the stove or plugging-in multiple power cords into a power strips is performed daily without a second thought, a fire emergency can be lurking behind these simple everyday tasks. One common source of fire damage are space heaters, which are generally used to heat unheated areas, such as a garage or basement.
According to the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA), in 2015, there were over 1.3 million fires reported in the United States with roughly $14 billion dollars in property damage. This devastating disaster can strike a home or business at any time, oftentimes without warning, leaving property owners feeling overwhelmed, panicked and uncertain of what the next steps are. Whether your home or business falls victim to a fire, soot or smoke damage, Soil-Away Restoration Services are here for you! Amherst, New Hampshire (NH) home and business owners have been trusting Soil-Away—a family owned and operated firm— for over 25 years with all their fire damage needs. Contact Soil-Away’s 24/7 emergency line today to get back what fire damage has taken from you.