Finding the Best Mold Removal Company – Exeter, NH
“You have mold!” are three words that Exeter, New Hampshire (NH) home and business owners never want to hear, as they often cause fear, frustration and confusion on what caused the tiny fungi to originate, and what to do next to remove it. Now all you want is to find the best mold removal company in the area. This multi-cellular fungus is made up of microorganisms, and is just as unpleasant as it sounds, as it is mostly made up of dead organic matter such as leaves and plants. Mold enjoys living in areas with trapped moisture and higher humidity levels. You want it gone!
Business and home owners in Exeter, NH are falling victim to mold this season, and they may be contemplating on how to find the best mold removal company, and what qualities to look for. Do you go with the company that has the most five-star reviews? Or do you go with the company that costs less, but is fairly new to the industry? To assist in what qualities to look for and what questions to ask when looking for a mold remediation service, your friends at Soil-Away have created a few guidelines to ensure that your home or business doesn’t have any more unexpected surprises.
Professional Qualities to Look for in a Mold Remediation Firm
You just discovered the small spot on your bathroom ceiling that appeared to be dirt, has now spread like wildfire around the bathroom and now plagues your previously pristine walls. To avoid any further issues, you decide to do some research on how to locate the best mold removal company for your situation, however, what qualities do you look for? When looking for a mold removal service, consider the following:
- Does the company test for mold and offer remediation services? If so, this is a major red flag because offering both services is a conflict of interest. Mold testing and mold remediation should always be performed by separate professional companies.
- Does the company and technicians have certifications or industry-specific licenses? IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification) and IAQA (Indoor Air Quality Association) are common certifications.
- Does the company participate in any type of quality control program?
- Is the company properly insured? If not, it may cost you more money down the road if an issue occurs.
- How do they remove the mold? Do they use specially designed HEPA vacuums and air scrubbers? Do they use property containment and PPE to ensure safety?
Asking the Right Questions
Your business located in Exeter has been thriving; however, you just noticed some green-colored mold slowly creeping its way around a floorboard due to possible water damage from a leaky pipe in the bathroom. You are researching to find the best mold removal company, but are unsure of what questions to ask them. To assist in this process, your friends at Soil-Away have created a list of helpful questions to ask, to help eliminate any further stress involved with removing this unnerving fungi. A few questions to ask are:
- How long have they been in business? (You will want to make sure the company has the necessary experience to perform the work and trustworthy to resort back to if any issues occur).
- Are they a member of the Better Business Bureau? (If so, you can check out their ratings and reviews).
- Are the individuals working on site company employees or 1099 sub-contractors? (You want company employees so there is more care and control of the project by the company you are hiring).
- Do the technicians wear protective gear? (All technicians should be wearing appropriate attire such as protective suits and respirators).
Visit Soil-Away to learn more about what questions to ask mold remediation companies.
Finding the Best Mold Removal Company for You
Soil-Away Cleaning and Restoration Services has been performing mold remediation services all around New Hampshire for over 25 years. When you choose to hire Soil-Away—a family owned and operated business that is IICRC master-certified—you will be working with high-quality and trustworthy professionals that are dedicated to keeping you and your family safe. If your home or business has fallen victim to mold, contact the mold remediation experts at 603-641-6555 today!
Written by: K. Gnatowski
Contact Us Now