Fires are highly unpredictable. No matter how safe you think you are from a fire, you are never completely immune. Old Orchard Beach residents – take heed. Fires can ignite from the smallest spark. They can cause extensive damage to your home or business. Worst case scenario, fires can cause serious personal harm. After a fire, there are many things you must deal with. Hiring a professional fire damage cleanup company should be a priority in your recovery process.
In the aftermath of a fire you are left with the removal of soot and odor from your property and belongings. Don’t delay in the fire damage cleanup process. If left unattended, this could cause serious and costly damage to your home. Many fires are the result of negligence. Leaving food cooking on the stovetop unattended for any measure of time can result in a fire. Not replacing or repairing damaged electrical cords or appliances can also put you in danger. In addition to property maintenance and education about fire prevention, make sure to have fire extinguishers and smoke detectors installed and properly functioning.
Dealing with the aftermath of a fire is quite disheartening and can be overwhelming. Your once lovely home is now in desperate need of repair. How ever the level of damage, it can still require extensive work to clean.
Different objects need to be addressed differently. For a grease fire:
There is no sure way to make certain you are never a victim of a fire but there are some preventative methods:
Cleaning up after a fire can be a grueling task. There are limited things you can do on your own. Cleaning up soot and getting rid of smoke odor are something best done by professionals. It’s their job to know what cleaning agents to use on what materials. This must be done correctly or the work will be for nothing. It could even cause damage to some objects.
Soil-Away Cleaning and Restoration is the premier fire damage cleanup firm serving the Old Orchard Beach area. With over 25 years of experience, they know best how to repair your home. They have dozens of qualified teams trained in building restoration. They will not only clean your home and repair any damage; they will also get rid of choking smoke odor. They know the ins and outs of fire damage cleanup and they can get you back on your feet in no time. They are an IICRC certified company who are readily available 24/7. If you need help, call them at 1-800-293-6319.
Written by E. Aceves