A Derry, New Hampshire man was experiencing severe itchy, watery eyes and throat when he entered his basement. He only experienced these allergy-like symptoms on wash day when he entered the room to load up his washing machine and dryer. He thought this was rather odd and considered that the detergent could be the cause of his suffering because allergy season was far behind him. It was the middle of winter so the only thing that could be causing his reaction had to be the detergent or fabric softener, right? One day while he was loading up his dryer, he accidently tossed a wet sock behind the washing machine. He went to retrieve the damp sock from behind the washer when he caught a glimpse of a large dark patch on the wall behind it.
Archive for May, 2018
An Amherst, New Hampshire mother was preparing for her yearly Easter dinner with her family. She was excited because this year, her in-laws would be coming into town to have dinner with them. As she went to remove the ice trays from the freezer, she noticed that the floor was wet beneath her feet. She wasn’t surprised; the freezer had been leaking for months now but she didn’t want to be bothered with hiring a repairman to fix the problem so she resorted to her usual method of “emergency water extraction” when the freezer started leaking; she grabbed a big towel and wrapped it around the base of the refrigerator. But this time, as she went to mop up the wet floor with the towel, she spotted water stains on the wall behind the refrigerator as well.
A New Hampshire woman returns home from a three-day business trip to discover that her newly renovated gym in the basement had been infiltrated with gallons upon gallons of water. She was standing up to her shins in a cold, murky, mold breeding ground. She walked around her once beautifully constructed gym to gather the extent of the damages and to see if mold growth had started. Unfortunately, she found a colony of fungi making its way up a wall behind her treadmill. Flooded house repair services were needed ASAP.
For publications wishing to pick up our press releases, we will post them on our blog.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE May 1, 2018
For more information, contact:
5 Eastpoint Drive
Hooksett, NH 03106
Soil-Away Completes Remodel of Hooksett, NH Office
Hooksett, NH – Soil-Away, a disaster cleanup and restoration company servicing New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Maine, recently remodeled their Hooksett, New Hampshire offices to accommodate the company’s growing needs.
It was a Thanksgiving night when a Bedford, NH dad decided to go up to the attic to retrieve the Christmas decorations. As he opened the hatch to the attic, he got a strange whiff of a musty odor coming from somewhere in the darkness. He pulled the light switch to uncover a horrible and horrendous sight. Black mold had begun to collect in clusters on the attic ceiling. He climbed down the stairs to retrieve his phone to contact someone for assistance in eliminating the problem. There was instant concern because he didn’t know how long the population of fungi had been growing. It was right above his family’s head and he was scared for their safety. He quickly shut the door to the attic and did a quick search on his phone for a local restoration company who performs mold removal in attic services.
With spring officially in full swing and the weather finally starting to warm up, many New Englanders are being hit with the discomfort of seasonal allergies. While there may not be anything that can be done outdoors, you can ensure that your home’s indoor air quality improves with air duct cleaning. This can go a long way to making the spring and summer months more comfortable for everyone.