Emergency Water Damage Mitigation – Derry, NH
Ahh – spring weather in Derry NH; it can please us and surprise us all in one season. It teases and tantalizes us with its warm weather and soft breezes. But in the blink of an eye, it can change to drastic disastrous weather. Before you know it’s bringing down torrential rains, floods and terrible storms; leaving your home under water. Now you need emergency water damage mitigation services for your Derry, NH home. Time to turn to Soil-Away to cleanup the mess.
Common sources of flood damage
While storms do their part in leaving your home waterlogged, they aren’t the only way water damage can make its way into your home. Water damage can also come by way of burst pipes, clogged gutters, disconnected hoses and leaky roofs. There are many more ways water can be a thorn in your side. Whatever the case may be, your home is now in need of help. While natural disasters cannot be helped, there are some ways to control and prevent water damage. The more proactive you are to prevent water damage, the less likely you end up needing emergency water damage mitigation services.
Ways to help prevent water damage to your property
Strange word –mitigation. It’s not very commonly used. The dictionary defines mitigation as the action of reducing the severity seriousness, or painfulness of something. It’s to alleviate or prevent an occurrence. In this case it would be of flooding or water damage. Here are a few preventive methods:
- Clean gutters and downspouts at least twice a year. If left unattended, backed up water could overflow and damage the foundation of your home.
- Maintain your appliances. Check for leaks and detachments in your refrigerator, washing machine, and dishwasher.
- Old or leaky washing machine hoses are one of the most frequent causes of water loss. Replace them regularly
- Install water detectors. These devices alert you to leaks, detecting slow leaks that are normally overlooked.
- Use rain barrels to collect rain water that could pool around your foundation and seep into your basement
- Know where the main water valve is and be sure to turn it off before leaving for an extended period of time (Unless your home is heated by water/baseboard heaters, you don’t want the pipes to freeze).
Following these tips can be very helpful in preventing water damage to your home. Keeping up the maintenance of your appliances is crucial. Homeowner’s insurance does not typically cover damage that results from lack of maintenance.
When you need emergency water damage mitigation services
While there are preventive methods to ensure your home is safe from flooding; things can always go wrong. Anything from clogged pipes due to tree roots, to natural disasters, can occur unexpectedly. This is why you need to know who to call for help. Soil-Away Cleaning and Restoration is a highly respected group of professionals. They are IICRC certified and have over 30 years of experience working in the restoration field. They are friendly, fast, and have the equipment and know-how to get you up and running after water damage. Using their high-tech equipment, they can detect how much water to remove. They remove the water and they also check for the possibility of mold growth. After dealing with water damage, the last thing you want to deal with is mold. Get the emergency water damage mitigation professionals. Call Soil-Away at 1-800-293-6319.
Written by E. Aceves