How to Choose the Right Air Duct Cleaner for You!
You have probably seen duct cleaning coupons/offers that offer: “$99 whole house clean” or “just $7 per vent.”
You have probably also heard about the importance of indoor air quality for your home or office.
The thought of hiring a professional air duct cleaner has crossed your mind.
Your hesitation is due to not knowing enough about the process or who to trust.
This quick guide addresses the issue of how to choose the right air duct cleaner for you.
What is Air Duct Cleaning?
Air duct cleaning is a specialized cleaning process specific to forced air systems in building. It could be a residential home or a commercial property. The components related to this system may include ductwork, registers, vent covers, coils and blowers. These parts work together to circulate heat or air conditioning throughout a building. The components are cleaned and washed to remove unwanted particles such as dust, debris, mold and pollen.
Do I Need Air Duct Cleaning Services?
Determining if you need air duct cleaning services is not as hard as people think. Typically a quick visual inspection will help eliminate the mystery. Take a look at your vent covers, registers and/or diffusors. Are they accumulating dust? Peek inside of your vents into the ductwork. Do you see debris building up? If you see excessive dirt, dust or debris it may be time for air duct cleaning. Other factors to consider are if pets are living in the home, there are known rodent issues, or the property has sustained recent water damage.
These scenarios could all contribute to needing air duct cleaning.
How do I Choose and Air Duct Cleaner?
Knowing the right questions to ask is half the battle when it comes to hiring an air duct cleaning contractor.
Below are some of the key issues to address when seeking the right company for you.
- Is the company certified through the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA)?
- Many claim to be, but are not. You can do a contractor search through the NADCA website.
- Can the contractor provide you with a valid certificate of insurance demonstrating general liability and worker’s compensation?
- Is the advertised price too-good-to-be-true? It probably is.
- The average residential duct cleaning job typically ranges from $450 – $1,000 if done correctly.
- How does the contractor demonstrate that the work was done properly?
- Do they provide before/after pictures, bring you around for an inspection, etc.?
- Are the services completed by the company itself or it is subcontracted out?
- Can the company provide you with valid references?
With the proper approach, hiring the right air duct cleaner does not have to be an intimidating process.
It is an important service for your property.
The primary benefits include improved indoor air quality and HVAC system efficiency. It also delivers peace of mind knowing that pollutants and allergens have been reduced at your property.
If you have additional air duct cleaning questions or would like a quote, please feel free to contact the certified professional at Soil-Away Cleaning & Restoration. Soil-Away services the greater Manchester, Nashua, Salem, Concord, Laconia and Portsmouth, New Hampshire (NH) regions.
Contact Us Now