Winter Tip: Frozen Pipes, Big Problems
It is winter and the New England weather can be very unforgiving for properties. Bitter cold temperatures and driving snow storms wreak havoc on homes. Frozen pipes cause thousands of dollars in property damage every year. A tiny pipe crack can result in countless gallons of water flowing into your home affecting the structure and contents. This kind of situation can be devastating to a home or property owner. Thankfully, there are a few steps you can take to prepare for, or even help prevent, these occurrences…
– Pipe inspection (professional recommended)
- Are pipes properly insulated?
- Are there any leaks that can be sealed/repaired?
- Focus on attics and crawlspaces where pipes are most vulnerable
- Know where your main water shut-off is in case of an emergency
– Winter game plan
- Maintain sufficient house temperature
- Allow for heat to circulated throughout house (don’t block off rooms)
- Turn off outdoor faucets
- Have a friend inspect house daily if you are out of town
- Have pipes professionally winterized if property will be vacant
If you have sustained water damage from a broken or frozen pipe at your home, Soil-Away can help. Our highly trained team of structural drying technicians will mitigate your water loss. We can detect moisture issues on the interior of your home with our array of moisture meters and infrared cameras. Using commercial drying equipment, we will safely and efficiently dry your structure back to pre-loss condition. If you are submitting a claim, we will also work with your insurance company throughout the entire process. Tell them you want Soil-Away! Please remember to keep our office number available in the event of an emergency water loss. 603.641.6555
Contact Us Now