Mold Removal and Remediation
Do you have mold or suspect there is an issue at your property? Soil-Away can help. We have been performing mold removal and remediation services in south/central New Hampshire (NH) and northern Massachusetts (MA) since 1990. Our technicians are trained and certified. All work is performed to industry standards established in the IICRC S520. In addition, clients frequently choose to work with us because we are local, independent (non-franchise) and family owned. We value relationships and the community. Our mold removal and remediation services reflect this. Our emphasis is on quality, thoroughness, and client satisfaction.
Call 603.641.6555 to schedule a mold remediation estimate and service.
Still not sure who to hire as your mold remediation contractor? Follow this helpful outline to decide.
- What is mold? Mold is a group of microscopic organisms. They are a part of the Fungi Kingdom and can be found both indoors and outdoors.
- Is mold harmful to my health? Mold affects everyone differently. Some types of mold have been known to cause adverse health effects. Consult with your personal physician for specific concerns.
- What causes mold growth? Mold needs three things to grow: food, moisture, and time. Many building materials can act as a food source (sheetrock, ceiling tiles, carpeting, etc…). If they are exposed to high humidity or dampness for an extended period of time, the potential of microbial growth exists.
- How should I test for mold? If you suspect a serious mold issue, we recommend professional mold testing. Contact us for referrals to independent, third party Industrial Hygienists (IH).
- What is the difference between mold testing and remediation? These are two different services that should be performed independently. Testing is done to establish the levels of contamination at the beginning of a job. Remediation follows the scope of mold removal developed during pre-testing phase. Post-testing-verification should be completed following the remediation.
- Are there different kinds of mold? There are thousands of different mold species. Some of the most common indoors molds are Cladosporium, Penicillium, Alternaria, and Aspergillus.
- How is mold spread in a building? Cross-contamination is a major concern when mold is involved. Transporting an object (i.e. furniture, clothing, etc…) from an affected to unaffected area can spread mold spores. HVAC systems can also transport and distribute mold spores through a building’s ventilation system. These are just two examples.
- Where is mold most commonly found in the home? Mold is most commonly found areas that have high humidity or extended exposure to moisture. This includes the attic, basement, and near plumbing fixtures (i.e. under sinks, behind shower walls, etc…).
- What are the warning signs for potential mold growth? Are there musty or mold odors? Are building occupants reporting health problems? Are there any moisture problems in the building? Has the building recently be altered or undergone renovations?
- Who can remove mold? This largely depends on the scope of work and type of property. Your home has a different standard than a school or commercial building. The EPA’s “10 square feet” recommendation can be a good guideline. If more than 10 square feet is affected by mold you should consider hiring a professional. The DIY individuals should address health concerns and safety prior to starting any mold remediation project.
- Why should I get rid of the mold? Every building has a “state of normal fungal ecology.” This is defined as “non-water damaged, environmentally-well-maintained structures, and reflective of the ecological and climatic elements of the geographic region in which the building is located” (IICRC S520). Anything outside of this definition opens the door for structural integrity issues and health concerns.
Mold removal and remediation services for:
Manchester, Nashua, Concord, Portsmouth, Salem, Laconia – New Hampshire (NH)
Andover, Haverhill, Lowell – Massachusetts (MA)
Call today! Mold Removal and Remediation
For more information or an estimate:
A word from our customers
“I want to thank you for an amazing job! While selling a home is always stressful, finding the need to make unexpected repairs is an added frustration. From the first phone call asking for help you were both professional and considerate of our situation…I never worried that you weren’t on top of [the project] making sure everything was being handled timely and with our best interest. I especially appreciate the status updates, photos, and timeliness of work completion…You and your staff at Soil-Away were outstanding! I highly recommend you to anyone. You are true professionals…I cannot thank you enough for making a difficult time run smoothly.”