When water damage strikes, it can have devastating circumstances on the people and communities it hits. On a small scale it can flood a basement. On a large scale, regional flooding can cripple a city, even Windham NH, socially, economically and environmentally. One of the largest challenges of dealing with this unfortunate circumstance is repairing flood damage to personal property.
Posts Tagged ‘Esporta Wash Systems’
A business chain in Kennebunkport, ME is preparing for a summer storm. The business owners expect that flooding may occur and they want to take precautionary measures to prevent damage. New England storms can be dangerous, especially when they cause storm surge. Storm surge is when the sea level rises due to low pressure, high winds, and strong waves created from hurricane activity. Previously, a storm surge led to flooding in Kennebunkport, ME, causing many homes and businesses to look for flood damage repairs. Now a second storm is anticipated, and residents are taking precautionary measures.
Repairing water damage during a water loss can be a headache if you try to do it yourself. It can also create a bigger disaster if it’s not done correctly. To avoid additional damage, increased cost of repair, and feelings of anxiety, it’s best to hire a professional team of experts. Repairing water damage doesn’t have to be a chore, hire a team that values top-notch quality service.
Winter is nearly here! While it’s not officially winter time yet; some places are already experiencing winter weather. Places like Auburn are already in the thick of cold and snow. Winter is well on its way. Time to take out your sleds, put on your warmest clothes and outerwear and go out to build snowmen. Afterwards you can thaw out with a warm cup of cocoa. You’re most likely in the middle of using your furnace. If it’s turned safely on and you’re nice and toasty, that’s great! However, if your furnace has experienced a puffback, you’re probably not so happy (or so toasty). Puffbacks happen when a furnace misfires and sends soot throughout your home via the air ducts. Wherever heat usually goes, soot will go; destroying drapes, furniture, cabinets, bedding and walls. If this has happened to you, you needn’t despair; but don’t try to deal with it alone. Cleaning soot is complicated. You need to call a professional who can help with puffback soot cleaning.
Water damage – the mere thought of it is enough to cause that sinking feeling in your heart. Water damage can create all kinds of harm. It is disheartening to see your home in such a state. Water can damage electronics, wood furniture and carpets to name a few. It can cause structural damage to your home and is a breeding ground for mold. It can also make quite a dent in your pocketbook. There’s no guarantee that your home will never be affected by water – residents of Kennebunk Maine; be warned. If your home has been invaded by water, you need to call a water damaged house repair specialist, pronto.
Water can be very damaging to properties everywhere – the residents of Kittery, Maine are no exception. Strong currents can erode structures and shift buildings. When torrential rains occur, they can cause severe damage to your residential or commercial property. Carpeting, furniture, appliances and the overall structure of a home or business can be affected by water. Strong storms can negatively impact ducts, utilities, roofing, heaters and A/Cs. Flooding can also destroy belongings. Just one inch of water can cause irreparable harm to precious items throughout the property. Lastly, flood waters can contain contaminants which is a threat to personal health. Everyone, including Kittery, Maine residents, needs to know how to deal with flood damage cleanup.
So you’ve decided to do some spring cleaning. (It doesn’t matter if it’s not really spring). What ever time of year it is, uncluttering your home is always a good idea. The question now is; what to do with the items you don’t readily use but definitely want to keep? Well, self-storage is always a good idea! You get a self-storage unit and you’re worry free. Not so fast, getting a self-storage unit is only the beginning. In order to keep your valuables safe and mold free, you need to know how to prevent mold and mildew in self-storage.
Water damage – one of the scariest phrases to property owners in Windham, NH. It’s enough to make your heart race and your stress level go up. Water damage is one of the most frequent forms of damage to occur in both residential as well as commercial properties in the Windham, NH area. Water damage can be very destructive to your home or office. It can create personal health hazards and cause costly damage to your home’s structure and furnishings. Plus it can lead to the formation of unwanted mold colonies which can not only be detrimental to your structure, it can cause serious health issues. If you find yourself a victim of water damage, you need to call a water damage restoration specialist.
A New Hampshire woman returns home from a three-day business trip to discover that her newly renovated gym in the basement had been infiltrated with gallons upon gallons of water. She was standing up to her shins in a cold, murky, mold breeding ground. She walked around her once beautifully constructed gym to gather the extent of the damages and to see if mold growth had started. Unfortunately, she found a colony of fungi making its way up a wall behind her treadmill. Flooded house repair services were needed ASAP.
The kitchen is a significant area in any home that houses more than just appliances and cookware. This multi-functional room is home to holiday gatherings, family dinners and important discussions that can turn this room into the center of attention. While the kitchen may be the focal point in your home, did you know that it can also be the source of a fire? Aside from common stove or oven fires, another popular kitchen appliance that can cause a fire is a dishwasher. Yes, the very appliance that cleans dishes, can be the very one that causes the biggest mess. For one Bow, New Hampshire (NH) family, fire cleanup services were promptly needed after their dishwasher caused an unexpected fire.