An owner of a local New Hampshire Italian restaurant was devastated when she witnessed that her pride and joy had been overtaken by fiery flames. Her top cook left the kitchen unattended resulting in a horrible grease fire. After the fire was completely extinguished, she called the restoration crew that she knew from experience could offer grade-A service, and within no time, the Soil-Away crew arrived on the scene to inspect the damage, and console the customer with the best plan of action to rectify the situation; the restaurant owner was left reassured that fire damage repair was no match for this professional team—whether the job is big or small, the team can handle it all!
Soil-Away is a smoke damage restoration company that works to repair homes and commercial buildings after a major disaster strikes, such as a fire. When it comes to restoring a building after smoke damage, Soil-Away Cleaning and Restoration has it covered. The 24/7 emergency cleaning service team will arrive promptly to eliminate all traces of smoke damage and return the home back to pre-existing condition.
Following the completion of fire restoration services, homeowners and businesses must turn to the renovation or rebuild phase. Depending on the severity of the fire and the level of the damage, this often requires construction services to restore the building. This construction may be simply replacing kitchen cabinetry or as in-depth as gutting the area for a complete rebuild.
It was the beginning of Thanksgiving weekend, when a Bow, New Hampshire resident decided to fry a turkey for the holidays. Little did he know that frying a turkey could be dangerous if done improperly. Within minutes, the kitchen was ablaze and a fire rescue team was called to put out the fire. After the fire was extinguished, the home was boarded up for security, and the cleaning and restoration crew arrived to inspect the damage to the structure and remove any soft-materials for fire damage cleanup and repairs. Because the kitchen was the most damaged part of the home, the crew prioritized most of their time removing cabinetry, the affected drywall behind the stove and the charred kitchen floors.
Is your boiler ready to heat your home? Everyone wants to be comfortable during the cold winter months, including Amherst, NH residents. So in the warmer months, you prepare to turn on your ACs. In the colder months, you must ready yourselves to turn on your furnace and central heating. Proper boiler maintenance is crucial. Not only to maximize heating efficiency, but to also avoid soot damage and the need for boiler puffback cleaning.
You enter your workplace. Greeting your coworkers, you make your way to your workspace to clock in. The warm scent of freshly brewed coffee hits your nose as you enter the breakroom. Grabbing a cup from the cupboard you pick up the pot, anxious for the crisp flavor of your morning coffee. You head back to your desk, coffee in hand. Time rushes on and soon you will be heading home; another productive day at work. Only fifteen minutes to go. You head out toward the breakroom when suddenly; a strange scent catches your nose. Not the aroma of fresh brewed coffee. This time it’s the smoky odor of something burning. Entering the breakroom, you notice smoke emanating from the plug. It seems too many appliances were plugged into the same socket. You manage to put out the fire with an extinguisher. Disaster has been averted. Tomorrow you will hold a meeting to discuss protecting against fires in the workplace.
An apartment complex in Manchester, NH recently sustained fire and smoke damage. One of the residents burned their casserole after leaving it in the oven for too long. While the fire was taken care of rather quickly, the smoke travelled throughout the complex and into other rooms. The fire was put out and the charred objects were removed. However, the remnants of smoke remained for days on end. Professional smoke odor damage cleaning was needed.
A flood or fire in the home can cause irreparable damage to appliances. Even after the fire is out or the water has been removed, it is possible that the electronic components of the appliances were damaged. High labor and repair costs often make more sense to replace these altogether.
Dealing with fire and smoke damage is not the foremost thing on your mind, but hundreds of homes across New Hampshire have to deal with this reality every year. Kitchen mishaps, oil furnace puff backs, electrical malfunctions, chimney backups, and pellet stove failures are but a few of the causes of such disasters. Fire damage, whether from forest fires, an accident, or just plain carelessness, is a serious matter. Once the fire is out, and everyone is safe, there are many matters to contend with; soot damage is not the least of them. For your safety and well-being, it’s important to recognize the unknown dangers of soot damage.
Fires can happen at any time. Most house fires start in the kitchen. Preparing a meal takes concentration. Steps include the following: gathering all the ingredients, preparing all the measurements and assembling all the pots and pans. This takes up much of your attention but you must also focus on keeping an eye on what you’re cooking and being careful not to leave it unattended. It is easy to get distracted. You check your phone and all of a sudden grease splashes onto the burner and begins to spread. After a bit of a struggle, you manage to put it out. Luckily no one was hurt, however your dinner was ruined and you’re stuck having to deal with kitchen fire cleanup.