A Concord, New Hampshire resident came home to find that his house had undergone fire and smoke damage to much of the garage. While he was away on a business trip, his wife and children decided to host a fish- fry party for their friends and family. Little did they know, their day-time fun outing will turn into a disaster. While left unattended, the oil that was used in the fryer had begun to spill over and soon after the initial spark was lighted, the entire garage was burned to a crisp. It was inevitable that fire damage repairs were needed.
Fire – just the word itself makes your heart race and sends your body into panic mode. It’s a situation no one wants to have to endure. But fires can be unpredictable. They can occur at any moment. You leave the stove unattended; a spark from your barbecue pit lands on foliage; anything can happen. In an instant your world can be turned up-side-down with extensive property damage and the need for a fire damage restoration contractor to bring your Kittery, Maine property back to life.
Winter is nearly here! While it’s not officially winter time yet; some places are already experiencing winter weather. Places like Auburn are already in the thick of cold and snow. Winter is well on its way. Time to take out your sleds, put on your warmest clothes and outerwear and go out to build snowmen. Afterwards you can thaw out with a warm cup of cocoa. You’re most likely in the middle of using your furnace. If it’s turned safely on and you’re nice and toasty, that’s great! However, if your furnace has experienced a puffback, you’re probably not so happy (or so toasty). Puffbacks happen when a furnace misfires and sends soot throughout your home via the air ducts. Wherever heat usually goes, soot will go; destroying drapes, furniture, cabinets, bedding and walls. If this has happened to you, you needn’t despair; but don’t try to deal with it alone. Cleaning soot is complicated. You need to call a professional who can help with puffback soot cleaning.
Autumn is upon us. It seems like only yesterday the summer season was in full bloom; warm days, lazy summer nights, picnics, cookouts and fun in the park; the kids out for summer vacation. It was a glorious experience. But now it’s almost over, the kids are back in school and we seem to be mourning the end of summer right along with them. Don’t despair! Summer will be back before you know it. For now we need to prepare for fall. There are many things that are awaiting us in the fall season; cooler weather, colorful leaves and, of course the holidays; Halloween and Thanksgiving are right around the corner. As we look forward to the season, there are things we have to prepare for to keep us secure. Make sure to follow these safety tips for fall.
House fires can be quite devastating to your home or business. Structural fires can be highly destructive. In no time at all, flames can rip through a structure consuming everything in their path. Precious items as well as portions of the building itself can be consumed quickly. After the flames have been extinguished, you still have to deal with fire and smoke damage. Even if your lovely Arundel home suffered only light damage, the smoke damage is almost impossible to remove. Whatever the extent of the damage, it’s very likely that you will require smoke damage removal.
If a fire or flood damages your business, the results can be catastrophic. Not only can much of your equipment and inventory be destroyed, the downtime for your business can be devastating. Many commercial businesses find it difficult to bounce back after a fire or water has damaged the premises. One of the biggest concerns is restoring the property and the contents quickly, so that the business can resume operations. Operating under a tight deadline is critical to ensure that customers do not go elsewhere and that you can once again open your doors for business.
Property repair after a fire can be costly and heartbreaking to anyone. The burden of restoring a home or business is not a project that any Windham resident wants to take on. A New Hampshire business man experienced such an event when he left one too many appliances plugged into an extension cord. He loved to work in a fun environment to keep his spirits and productivity up. He never missed an opportunity to invite team members and friends into his office for fun, music and good times during his down time. During work hours, his fellow team members could hear the high-energy positive music floating throughout the office which sometimes rubbed off on everyone else around him.
Dealing with smoke odor removal after fire damage can be a hassle for any business owner, but it was especially annoying for a New Hampshire warehouse owner. The smoke odor made the environment difficult for employees to continue to work, and production was steadily declining which sent the business owner into a panic. Because the unforeseen fire disaster was quickly taken care of—he thought the situation was under control, but the lingering smoke odor and frustrated employees told a different story. After a week of persistent employee complaints, the owner decided to call a professional team of experts to help with smoke odor removal.
Crews responded to a fire that ripped through Old Orchard Beach, Maine. Thankfully, the camp residents were okay, but the fire proved dangerous, as it burned down two camps and spread around the area before the firemen were able to put it out. While the fire is gone, the remnants remain and can prove hazardous to those staying within the campsite. Now the camp is looking for smoke damage cleanup as soon as possible.
While the days are cooling off with the pending arrival of fall, many people will pack up their summer picnic basket and exchange it for fall cuisines and cooking at home. There’s something about a delicious home-cooked meal that gets your mouth watering. While many people take cooking safety for granted; it should be clear that most home fires start in the kitchen. Before turning on that burner, it’s important to know the top causes of kitchen fires.